My first choice of small firms just contacted me for an interview…ONLY two months later. Hah!
So, now…I’m kind of torn about jobs…again.
The Pros of going for #1 choice are:
- They focus on Real Estate Law and Corporate Law.
- The founder has the same educational background as I do (UC Berkeley & Loyola Law)
- Locations: El Segundo (supposedly one of the safest neighborhoods around) & they also have offices in San Francisco
The Cons of going for it are:
- I already work somewhere else.
- I’d have to start over somewhat.
- They also do Employment Law which I’m not interested in at all.
- The founder might not be as nice as my current boss.
The place that I currently work in is in Pasadena and it’s also a beautiful and safe city. My boss is great and he gives credit where it’s due. I’m beginning to really like my co-workers and the other associate lawyers. I’ve also started considering doing some Family Law practice…
Anywho, I still set a time for an interview and other factors will come to light.
As for now, I thought it was ironic that on the day I come to work feeling like I’m really beginning to get into the groove at my job, I open an e-mail from #1 choice inviting me for an interview.
Oh Life. How you mess with me.