What you need:
- 2-3 packs of basil
- cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbs. olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- bow tie pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- bacon for the meat-lovers
- Cook pasta as directed on the box. It really depends on the brand you get. I like to add a bit of salt to the water before it boils and a teaspoon of olive oil so that the pasta does not stick.
- While that’s cooking prep the bacon. Mushy and I like to cut off the fat from the bacon, so we use an entire package of the bacon. Cut these into little pieces then fry as usual.
- Meanwhile, mince the garlic. I like to mix pre-minced garlic with freshly chopped ones. It just makes everything faster, but fresh garlic tastes better.
- Chop the basil into strips.
- In a bowl, mix together about 3-4 tbs. of olive oil, basil, and garlic.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain, and then mix in the olive oil, basil, garlic mix.
- Top everything off with bacon.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and then add to the pasta for color.
You can also add cheese for saltiness instead of salt.
Mushy makes this so much better than I do since this is her recipe. I’m putting it up here because I want to save this for myself and be able to come back to it whenever I want a repeat.